Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 17 - What is a Hero

What is a hero?

A hero or idol - be it fantasy or historical or current living being - within our world is simply a figure, as an image or persona, based on what we perceived as a 'courageous', and/or someone who defeated a form of injustice or evil.  We would not have hero's unless we WANTED to be a hero ourselves.  A hero is therefore purely based on our or ego, our own personal desire to be strong, brave, right, and just... one who has overcome their fears, and so deserves to be worshiped by others - and so, a hero is the undeniable evidence of our own self-dishonesty.   

A hero is a mind projection of how we have neglected and sabotaged ourselves in self-dishonesty in our past.  Our secret desire for revenge in blaming others for our individual irresponsibility.  So we hold an image of a hero in our minds to feel better about ourselves, because we believe someone else is taking the responsibility for our failure to realize ourselves - we are relieved that we can lay the responsibility on someone else to tell us what is the 'right' thing to do in any given situation.  We place our trust in a mind illusion because we see our own dishonesty and thus believe we are inferior not worthy.  Our inferiority is then projected out as a superior being that is virtually indestructible in our minds eye - all because we are dishonest with ourselves as who we really are - as Equals.

Most of us, if not all create an image of ourselves as our own hero in our minds.   We imagine ourselves doing great things, being strong or beautiful or powerful and the crowd cheers for us as we vanquish our imaginary foes.  We are gods in our minds, but remain ignorant and spiteful of the actual physical reality we live and exist in.  What most don't realize is that there is significant consequence in allowing these thought projections.  We miss our opportunity to see ourselves for real, and so miss our opportunity to live for real. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to play out a drama in my mind where I am the hero of the story and I subject my enemies to the wrath of my vengeance so I may stand in awe of my imaginary fans who worship me as an imaginary god.



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to diminish myself in my physical reality and living experience because I hold onto an idea of myself as a hero in my mind that is strong and true and wise and powerful and beautiful and everything that everyone loves and adores, all so that I can be worshiped as a superior being. 



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that my imaginations of me as a hero in my mind are real when in fact it is only a projection of my mind and imagination as fuel for my ego where I live a double life, dishonestly attempting to portray to myself that I am better than in an attempt to hide the fact that I am fearful of facing myself as who I really am in my world and physical reality.



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I am better than anyone else in the physical reality through projections of my mind/ego



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire being better than anyone else in my physical reality because I want to be loved and adored by others. In this I realize that be me desiring to be loved by others I am not facing the point of me fearing that I am not cared about as an equal in my world.



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire to make others happy by vanquishing evil in my mind so I can be the god of my imaginary world where everyone loves and adores me.



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I can justify the abuse of myself through playing out imaginations of myself as being godly and strong and beautiful and powerful, yet neglect the fact that these imaginations have consequences in my physical reality where I am in denial of who I actually am and what is happening as a result of my dishonesty in my world.

Hero's are a con of consciousness.


No comments:

Post a Comment