Friday 25 May 2012

7yr Journey to Life - Day 28 - Surprise

Ok so took a little bike ride this evening while thinking of my blog topic, was planning on addressing the falseness of how love is expressed in our world, but that will have to wait for another time, as something unexpected occurred.

It was dusk, and I was on my way back home when I saw a faint shadow by the edge of the road.  I thought it was a porcupine but it turned out to be a baby raccoon. So I went up to it and picked it up - very young baby right by the side of the road.  I immediately wanted to keep it, but was not really sure of all the implications and so I let him down and he awkwardly stumbled away. I was thinking this is strange him being all alone like this.  So I went closer to him and he stumbled a bit further away. I assumed he didn't want to come home with me.  Then I noticed a cardboard box and a plastic food tray nearby and hear another little squeaking in the bush. Sure enough another little one popped out.

So it appears that someone found the youngsters and left them by the road in the box.  So I put them in the box and took them home.  When I got to my house, I saw a pack of 4 raccoons at my driveway.  I sometimes leave food out for them so they are often around my house.  I thought if I could get them to realize I had two of their pups, maybe they would take them... but how could I do that.  I dunno.  Now what lol.

I took them inside and tried to feed them but they were too frightened to eat.  They were afraid to move until I began petting them, and then they began hobbling about.  I pet them for a while till  they got comfortable and calmed down and eventually began to fall asleep.  

On the back of one's head was a bit raw and I thought he was injured, but the other had been licking it in an effort to comfort eachother, so I knew they were under some stress. 

The sounds they make are really interesting, the sound is almost like a cross between a cats purr and a monkey.  I would really like to keep them, I realize there is a big responsibility and I don't know what all is entailed, will have to do some research.  I suspect that people in this area would frown on having raccoons as pets.  Will have to see what happens I guess.  I'm really not sure what to do at this point.  They are sleeping on my couch atm. 




In an Equal Money System all life would be cared for without question.

No comments:

Post a Comment