Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day 206 - Self Movement as Breath



This morning was a time where my self-directed breathing seemed easy and constant, as compared to other times when I have to constantly bring myself back to breath and it doesn't 'stick'.  I find it most challenging when I am working to stick to breath awareness, as I get caught up in figuring out how to complete a task - which seems to take up all the memory and cpu cycles lol.  So that is the point I am working on for myself - directing every breath at work, multitasking breath awareness and problem solving.

A point that did assist me in sharpening my breathing is seeing self-movement as breath, meaning that I move my body in accordance with or in rhythm with my breathing

Self-movement as Breath

Applying this, I find myself moving more slowly.  I do not waste energy on thoughts/feelings/emotions, I am more aware of myself and prepared.  I am able to work with more precision, which helps me focus myself and as a result of that, I make less errors in my work - which leads to getting more work done despite the appearance of working slowly.   Errors in my job are costly as they can cost me a lot of lost time and effort, so breathing is very supportive in many ways.


I enjoy challenging myself to direct my breath as I realize that I am changing, developing, and taking responsibility for myself in preparation to face and correct self-created consequences derived from the past.  There is also the point of remaining aware of inevitable mind distractions that come up which seek to blame, discourage, or possess me into the mind of emotions and feelings.

Self-movement as Breath

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to forget to direct myself as breath in some moments.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to - in some moments - forget to direct myself as my physical body as breath.

I commit myself to becoming effective at multitasking where I focus myself on breathing, slowing myself down, moving myself in awareness and at the same time address problems that come up which I must carefully think through so that I can complete tasks in the most efficient and effective manner.  

I commit myself to constantly challenging myself to direct my breathing within the realization that this is the solution to all the problems within myself and my world and reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment