Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 259 - Farewell Pink Lemonade




A point I realized in the past few days.  I have a fast metabolism, so sugar is quite damaging to me, and has been for a number of years.  I have worked on cutting my intake down for a long time, but seeing that it is in virtually everything, it always seems to sneak back into my diet at some point.

Inevitably, my body signals to me that I have had too much, and I get headaches, which prevent me from doing my responsibilities, but also can cause me to go into a negative mindset.  Over the past 6 months or so, I have felt as though I have had the point under control, but again it resurfaced to my dismay.

I keep thinking I am doing ok with just a muffin, a couple of cookies, and some ice cream in a day, but the headaches returned.  Is it really that hard to break the sugar habit?  Other foods can cause headaches as well, such as potatoes, or white pasta, so I have to be careful about those as well.  I started eating multigrain pasta a couple of years ago (besides KD) and that has helped.

I was getting really down about this point, as the headaches are painful, and can sometimes last 2 days where I am in bed most of the time.  I was upset at myself, because I thought I was doing ok, but what I neglected to see, was how much sugar I was actually ingesting.  I was resisting to really look CLOSELY at the point, thinking I was right in my sugar intake.... but the body does not lie.  I have been drinking frozen lemonade, which I had overlooked, perhaps because I enjoyed it so much, yet it contains a significant amount of sugar, and it is in liquid form, which goes through my system even faster.

So, due to all the abuse my system has been through over the years, my body is very sensitive on this point, so I have to be extra careful what I eat.  I am cutting out the lemonade, and cutting down on the others.  I can see that it is possible to cut out sugar completely, and that is my goal.  One step at a time, and my body will no doubt tell me if I get out of line.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to drink sweetened juices such as frozen lemonade which are very harmful for my particular body type.  I realize that stopping this habit of drinking sweetened juice is an essential part of supporting my body to be healthy and strong, so that I may support myself as a whole in establishing stability and well being for myself and others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get down on myself and think that I am right - despite the fact that my body was telling me otherwise.  I realize that I must pay close and careful attention when my body is communicating something to me, as my body is always supporting me to realize and understand what points I need to change in order to stabilize myself and have a healthy relationship with myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment