Monday 14 March 2016

Day 242 - Communication





I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get excited and work myself into an over-charged state of verbal expletives when interacting and sharing with another.  I will from this point forward structure my conversation to first slow myself down, to be in cadence with and as breath, and secondly with temperance, utilizing self-control and refraining from over talking or getting overly excited.  Within this I will give equal consideration to talking and listening according to what is required in a given situation.

I realize that there are many dimensions connected to this main point of communication which must be considered.  I will be addressing this with regards to how I have learned to communicate over the years, and in this many fears have played a part in how I converse.  


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire to be a knowledgeable teacher, in that I desire to be a giver of knowledge, to be seen as someone who is knowledgeable, wise, intelligent, and giving.  

I realize that there is nothing wrong with having knowledge and teaching or sharing it in support of another, it is when I desire to take on a false character of superiority, inferiority, or false humility that creates a barrier to real assistance, support, and the empowerment of another to be able to see and realize for themselves.


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realize how critical it is to learn how to communicate effectively in order that I may be clear and avoid any misinterpretation and/or misunderstanding. 


I realize that there are many barriers to effective communication and that is something I will be studying in an effort to become more proficient, clear, and directive with my words which are me. 



I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to say things that I don't stand by, or that I didn't even mean to say.  I realize that this in itself is an indicator of a larger problem which must be dealt with.  


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to exaggerate and jump to conclusions within my conversations. 

I commit myself to slowing myself down and being aware and cautious when interacting with others so that I may refrain from jumping to inaccurate conclusions based on assumptions and energetic influences of topics which trigger feelings and/or emotions. 

I realize that there are times where it can be acceptable to let loose and just express or get shit out. I don't seem to have a problem with that at all. 

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get distracted, sidetracked and go off-topic from the primary point of what it is that is necessary to be communicated.

I commit myself to structuring my communication to effective listening, as well as slow, clear, and controlled speaking so that I may bring the conversation to a point of potential solution(s).

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to rashly predict what the other person is thinking or going through, and thus assume that I know the solution before I have thoroughly heard the entire issue and it's related influential factors and causes.

I commit myself to slowing down not only in speaking but in listening, making sure that I have acquired all the necessary information possible before making an assessment of the situation and how I should respond. 

I commit myself to being directive and confident within myself during conversation, making sure that I clearly understand the point of what is being spoken/written about - so that I may direct it in a way that is appropriate - and ultimately Best for All. 




No comments:

Post a Comment