Thursday 24 September 2020

Day 430 - Missed Opportunity

 Thursday September 24, 2020


Pickleball was fun tonight.  I was playing well.   I have found a new card game on the internet that has had my attention for the past few days.  It began as a physical card game about 20-30 years ago, and I have wanted to play the game for a long time but never took the time to learn it.   Its strange, because the game is something I would have enjoyed in the past.  As I was considering why I have never got into it before, I realized there were a few reasons.  

Firstly, because I never knew anyone who played, and there were no group gatherings I knew of in the area.  

Secondly,  I never invested the time and effort to find groups that played.  

Thirdly, I was uncertain about unknown factors such as cost, time, and interestingly there was a slight fear because partly due to my religious programming, I thought that there was something evil about the game.  So because of my judgments and assumptions, I did not investigate and so missed the opportunity to enjoy a really intriguing and cool pastime.




I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to make judgments and assumptions about a card game which I judged as evil without investigation


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear putting for the time and effort to investigate for myself ways I could have explored how this game worked


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be driven by subtle programmed fears and uncertainty as opposed to seeing and testing things for myself  

   

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to pass up on opportunities that would have allowed for expansion and self development which could have created more growth and more opportunities beyond that


No comments:

Post a Comment